Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Louvre!

The winged victory of Samothrace, everyone has seen this piece of art, and I got to see it up close. It was cool, but well I would say there are a lot cooler and more interesting statues...
Yeah, we know this one...Venus De Milo. Very famous, but again, the statues like the one that follows were awe inspiring. The expressions that the artists managed with their work is incredible!!!

Look at that! This is just one, and little at that. I didn't get the name, but look at the detail. It was about as big as a Microwave.

This is all I saw of the Mona Lisa. I didn't want to battle the giant Japanese tour group that came in right in front of me so I settled for the sign telling me where she was located.

Ahh, the Louvre at night! What a site! So dark yet so light, outside the Louvre at night.

No comments: