Saturday, December 13, 2008

Some Pics of Paris...I am going back, who's going with me?

Welcome to the Seine as seen from the first level of the Eiffel tower (Tour Eiffel). My last day in Paris I sat on a bridge over the river and smoked a pipe that I bought in a little shop under Le Musée de Louvre.
This is me sitting in front of the Sacre Coeur (Sacred Heart church). Very serious. This was the morning of my first day.

This again is Sacre Coeur. The sun peaked out of the clouds and I snapped this pic. I loved it there. Great view, but you couldn't quite see the Eiffel tower from the hill.


L'arc de Triomphe! I payed to climb to the top of the tower and take pictures. That is where I snapped the following pic from of the Tour Eiffel.



Created in 1889 for the internation exposition in Paris with the intent of being torn down after twenty years, the Tour Eiffel transformed from an ugly iron eye sore to a symbol of Paris and the French people. When the time came to tear it down, radio and meteorology stations requested it be left standing because of the potential it had as a broadcasting antenna. Without radio and meteorology stations, it is almost certain there would be no Eiffel tour today. Pretty cool huh?




No comments: