Sunday, August 24, 2008

Arriving in Montpellier




So I took a flight from Minneapolis to Paris, France which took aobut 8 hours. When I left it was about 3:30pm in town and when I arrived it was 6:30am in Paris. The sun was just coming up. Everyone on the plane was speaking french and the same thing with the airport...obvious statement, but you just don't know what it is like to not hear english anywhere around you.


I ran into some members of my program on the plane and in the airport in france. So the next step, and we had four hours to do it, was to get our bags and check them with Airfrance, the airline we were taking to Montpellier. We got the bags and went in search of food. At this point we had to use Euros and we spent the equivalent of about 10 us dollars on a sandwhich and fizzy water that I thought was regular water. It was good though. Around 9am we checked our bags on the plane and waited until our plane left at about 11am. We were all really tired by the time we arrived in Montpellier.

No comments: