Tuesday, August 26, 2008

More pics and tales from a far away land






This last week has been a blur of excitement and fun. Thursday we went to Carnon beach (plage en français) and swam in the Méditerranéen Sea. Yes there were topless women there, and yes I did get really sunburned (see the pics). 
Friday my UofM group along with other programs went down town to La Place de la Comedie for Les Estivales, a summer wine festival they have fridays during the summer. You paid 3 euro for a glass and three refils of any wine around the festival. While I was there I ate a whole bag of muscles (those oyster-like things) with my friend, and they didn't taste bad. They were salty and meaty and really quite good. After that we went the Rock Star night club to check out the club scene, but it was too early, only about 12:30 am(00:30 in France time). The clubs don't start hopping until around 2 am. When we were leaving was when it was just starting to pick up. We walked all the way home because the Tramway (see pics) shuts down at 1am. It is a 45 minute walk back, and on the way I picked up a Calzone Tielle (not sure if the spelling is correct) which is a calzone like we know it, but instead of pizza filled it had fish inside. The guy "heated" it up, but it was cold. So on the way back I managed to eat 2/3rds of this fish filled thing and chucked the last half in the bushes. 
Saturday we had a tour of Montpellier, but I don't understand enough French to understand a history lesson, so I took a ton of pictures. I will attach more pictures to another post. The city is magical and reminds me sometimes of those pretend towns they have in Disney world. 
Sunday we went to Nimes and Le Pont Du Gard, a roman auquaduct that is about 2000 years old and is still in good shape. People swam, but my sunburn is still bad so I just took pictures. Some were jumping off of a huge cliff accross the river from where I was taking pics and people were swimming. 
That is all for now, this is getting long. Enjoy the pictures!!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Josh...
I hope your sunburn is better cause that looks like a killer!
While you are getting sun and the hots there we are getting sweater weather her. How hot is it there anyhoo?