Sunday, November 9, 2008

It is two days after my birthday, and how wonderful it was

So for my birthday, besides everyone sending me wonderful messages on facebook, email and someone special sending me a package bearing the sweetest gifts, I had a great day. It has been raining for the last week and a half, almost everyday, but on my birthday there was not a drop of rain, the sun was out and it was pretty warm. I went to my friend Yang's house for lunch. He is Chinese and knows how to prepare some pretty good authentic cuisine. After that we went for a walk around Montpellier and saw some interesting people. You see, I am on a quest for a patch that says Montpellier on it so I can sew it onto my backpack; we didn't find it. I returned home for dinner as usual and at filet mignon and talked with my host family. Then after dinner, my host dad runs off and they come into the room with a cake and candles and everything. My host dad snaps a few photos and I blow out the candles, all the while they were singing "bon anniversaire," it was wonderful.

Pictures to come later...but for now I will be posting some more cool pics from my latest adventures.

No comments: