Friday, September 12, 2008

London (stansted) Airport waiting for our Flight

Okay, if you are ever in the london airport and looking to use the internet, make sure it is the kind that takes coins, and you can use a two Euro coin and it will think it is actually two pounds!!! I got twenty minute for the price of ten and I am wasting it telling you this. Anyway, the airport is quiet, but surprisingly full for around 1:30am here. My flight home to Montpellier leaves at 6am so we are just hanging out (my friend Dan and I). Our adventure ended yesterday, the unplanned one, and we trained back and met an Australian named Damian who was staying in our hostel room with us. We all went out to the pub for a couple of really good Beers from the Porterhouse Brewery, and some live music. The guy singing was American doing a ton of American Covers. If you want to hear interesting non-american music, don't come to Europe cause they pretty much only know american music. You have to make an effort to get to the small parts of town for the traditional stuff like the irish folk band we listed to in Doolin the other day.
Today was another great day, although a bit on the short side. We met another American named Matt who lives in Oregon. He used to do moto-cross, but broke his back at work and doesn't do it much anymore. He is a small role actor and is traveling right now with some money he got from breaking his back. We went to the Guinness factory with him today and the Jameson Distillary then tried to see Dublin Castle, but it closed. We parted ways and Dan and I headed to the Airport via the bus, flew to london from Dublin and here we sit. I have a ton of photos to post, so check 'em out.
I think I am going to be a world traveler as my career. Work for a while, travel, work, travel. It is not very hard, and incredibly awesome.

Oh, and can everyone send me your email and home address? I realized that I have nobody's addresses written down. Just send them in email and I will write to you as soon as I can. I love you all, thanks for keeping up with me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow josh sounds like your trip is amazing and u love it. I hope it is going well and i enjoy reading your blog. Hope all is well

Lauren Silverstein said...

Sounds like you're having amazing adventures! I'm enjoying all of the pics and feeling very jealous. Can't wait to see more!

Be well!